Joseph Ross Albano
914.261.0348 // JosephRAlbano@gmail.com
University at Albany, State University of New York // August 2010 - May 2014
Communications and Documentary Studies, Concentration in Photography and Film.
Work and Leadership Experience
Resource Magazine // January 2016 - April 2016
Photography and Writing Intern
- Contributed two print articles for the spring 2016 edition of Resource Magazine. The first article is a recollection of different events relating to the photography industry from January to March. The second article is a product article about spy-related photography gear and their uses.
- Edited two crucial videos used for the promotion and launch of two new businesses under the Resource brand.
- Assisted with the initial launch of Resource Unbox by video editing the initial unbox videos placed on the website.
- Worked with an individual associated with Resource Magazine as a behind the scenes cameraman for a video campaign focused on Wacom’s Bamboo Spark and how creatives use them on a daily basis.
Rappler Inc. // March 2015 - Mid April 2015
- Assisted with taking photos and videos used for the Rappler website, Youtube, and/or Facebook page.
- Worked along with other journalists and the production team to provide support during news coverages.
- Support included being the photographer for a coverage event, becoming 2nd camera and assisting with set-up and tear down of on-location shoots.
- Produced photos and an article that were published on the Rappler website.
Torch Yearbook, University at Albany // May 2013 - May 2014
Editor in Chief
Individually responsible for all creative aspects of the yearbook such as cover design, page layouts and both written and image content.
Sifted through more than 10,000 photographs taken throughout the year and placed a small portion of them within a 200 page published book.
Worked as a the head of a small team of photographers in documenting different aspects of university life. Assigned events to photographers as well as advising what equipment should be used for assignments.
Relentless Awareness, LLC. // March 2013 - May 2013
Provided photographic coverage of client’s events, which include but were not limited to press releases, fundraising events and meetings.
Post-production of photographs were done in a timely manner before deadlines, which were usually within 1-3 days after an event
University Photo Service, University at Albany // May 2013 - May 2013
Responsible for the organization as a whole. Represented the organization when dealing in matters with Student Association as well as other outside groups.
Maintained an equipment room worth an estimated value of $10,000 in camera and studio gear.
Ran the organization in two different sections. The first section was run as a photography agency, where student organizations as well as outside groups would be provided photography services for a standard fee. The second section was run like a photography workshop where group members would meet once a week and would learn basic to advanced photography skills. The workshop also provided a way where members could critique each other’s work.
Asian American Alliance, University at Albany // May 2012 - May 2013
Director of Public Relations
Elected Public Relations Coordinator to a large umbrella corporation on campus consisting of five other organizations with over 300 members. The main objective is to be a positive role model and promote Asian Awareness amongst the students on campus and to the Albany community
Publicized and advertised Asian American Alliance and its activities effectively through all means necessary which include designing and making flyers and banners, photography, videos, internet, etc.
Coordinated with other Asian Organizational Council Organizations to effectively advertise cooperative events such as the annual show, Asian Occasion, which has an average attendance of 400 people from all over the east coast and about 150 students that perform. The main purpose of the show is to promote Asian awareness and foster an understanding between Asian and American culture
Liga Filipina, University at Albany // May 2011 - May 2012 // May 2013 - May 2014
Public Relations Chair
Responsible for publicizing and advertising Liga Filipina’s events and programs through the use of flyers, social networking sites, videos, photography, etc. The events and programs are to spread the awareness of Filipino culture.
Provided excellent photographs from events and programs to be used in a monthly newsletter to alumni of the organization as well as social networking sites.
Innovatively incorporated the use of photography and videography to advertise the organization’s events and programs. Prior to assuming this position, flyers were the central way of advertising.